Friday, January 27, 2012

The week that was

This time last week I was all for getting a bit more snappy with my blogging - I'd only made four posts in January so far, I was really feeling like I wanted to pick up the pace with the beginning of the school year imminent.  I had spent Thursday making a little softie for a new baby and even managed to wrangle the increasingly geriatric DSLR into taking some pictures as I went along.

And then last Friday the smallest one wasn't well and needed my care and attention over the weekend...and before we knew it it was Monday already and time to do this with the five year old.

The first day at school - a momentous occasion for the parents, maybe not so much for the boy.  He was keen to go and no tears were shed on the day.  We shed a few together the night before at bedtime.  He confessing he would miss me as we went over again the fact that it was a five day a week deal, me just crying about the enormity of it all and not really wanting to let my little pre-schooler go to the next phase of his little life.  Ahhh, if you think about it hard enough and reflect on all that you have done over the last five years to get  your kid to this point then you are bound to have a few tears trickle down your face.  I'd be surprised if you didn't.

And then it wasn't just tears coming down, it was rain.  It's been bucketing down in Brisbane, everything is soggy, we can't walk to school anymore, the washing won't dry, the bathroom and the laundry smell and I am starting to see the dreaded mould popping up in a few places.  My new hang out has been the laundromat for the services of a clothes dryer.

Gosh, if it doesn't rain, it pours.  I've written this past week off and am looking forward to a better one after a recovery weekend.


Wendy Sice said...

Oh, the rain! We've only had one day of it here, so you guys must be struggling big time! xx

Bungalowgirl said...

Oh Caroline, Accident + baby= nervous breakdown! When Liongirl was about 4 months old I was dropping the boy at childcare and she was in the car capsule. I put it down on a bench and it tipped off and landed upside down- she was strapped in but still donked her head. I swore in front of the whole class of 3 year olds and left the teachers to try and explain why I said Oh shooooot! Luckily she was ok but it was horrific. Glad you are all back home and hope prep is going well for your number one. melx


Blog Widget by LinkWithin