Got that deja vu feeling this January - too much rain, cleaning up after the storm, the start of the school week routine. I also got that slip-sliding feeling again from my ironing board cover. Nearly three years after making my last cover the elastic gave up the ghost. I will spare you any evidence of the state of the fabric, it had that brown tinged, well ironed look to it OK - yuck.
I dug into my "pattern filing system" and found the pattern I made three long years ago. A little bit of quilting cotton, a packet of binding tape and some new elastic and I'm back in business. For the record though, I still hate ironing...but at least my board has a little bit of love.
I've got to say that my tutorial on covering your own ironing board continues to be one of the most visited pages on my blog. You too can do your own, its easy!