Monday, October 19, 2009

The tip forward bird



I have designed and made my own toy bird. A nice fat, jolly one. I spent quite some time sketching her up late last week, and then just went for it and cut it out and got sewing. Construction wise there are a few things I would do differently, but I like her overall look.

But...I have now discovered a new aspect to making toys - balance. This little birdy wants to just tip forward onto her beak, and put her pretty little tail in the air. She's front heavy and this made her very difficult to photograph (like an unco-operative child). Finally I stuck her in a fork in my oleander bush. Where else does a birdy go anyway?

Do you like her?

3 comments:

Zoë said...

I think she's absolutely fabulous! xx

Yana said...

very cute little birdie :)

SnuggleB said...

Well done, very cute

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin