Thursday, March 4, 2010

My creative space...

A lovely friend is busy creating a new set of these, they're almost ready. Its been a while coming, this chance for a second baby, I want to do something special for her.


This week I am attempting some baby shoe making. I have been thinking about this challenge for about a week and on Tuesday went scouring the shops for suitable fabric. These booties need to be neutral, whether I am making for a boy or a girl is a secret only known to the baby itself right now. I finally settled on a small print and spot combination.



I'm pretty sure they will warm the soul.


For more creative spaces, pop on over to Kootoyoo.

8 comments:

Kirsty said...

Good luck with the shoes...I'm sure they'll be gorgeous.

Kate said...

Little shoes are the perfect baby present. We have a very special and longed for second child about to be born soon around here too. Too exciting. X

Nikki said...

What a sweet post. I love the way you described the almost here baby, and the journey they have taken to get here. I hope the arrival is wonderful and joyous and perfect.

And of course your shoes will warm the sole/soul!!

Kylie said...

Baby Shoes are the sweetest - looking forward to see them complete.

june at noon said...

Great fabrics, I would love to receive such a special gift. Best wishes to your friend!

Yana said...

the fabric is perfect and looking forward to seeing the finished product :)

Kylie said...

What a beautiful combination of fabric - I'm sure they're going to be wonderful :) K

made at green view said...

That is a lovely idea. I like your choice of fabric.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin