My brooch for the Flower Press brooch swap is now finished!
Making this brooch has really challenged me, mainly to do with turning something that is essentially a piece of fabric into something that's got a structure.
My strange list of ingredients for this brooch included:
- scrap of navy blue cotton
- edging of a doily from my Mum
- beads left over from my wedding dress
- trim that came in an old sewing box I bought last year
- cardboard from a packet of bias binding
- the lens cover from the camera as a circle template
- brooch pin
- sewing cotton
The finished brooch is perhaps a little chunkier than I expected and I probably could have used a thinner cardboard, or tried leaving it out altogether. It was useful though for something to set the fabric around a smooth curve shape. That aside, I'm pretty happy with the result!
I'll package it up with a few small goodies from Kikki K and it will be ready to post when the post office re-opens for business next week.