Its got a little cooler and I went over to the local Target store to stock up on some tops for my boy. Seems like everyone else needing his size had the same idea in mind - they had no stock at all of anything half decent above a size 4. Super frustrating! Nothing like a crappy department store experience to get me fired up about sewing. Hence, this week is dedicated to making for the boy.
I ended up buying a few cheap long sleeve tops in plain colours, but really you have to admit that plain is boring. This top found itself attacked by a dinosaur - GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
It was pretty easy to do, the hardest part was drawing the design, then I just used double sided fusable interfacing to set the shape onto the fabric, then blanket stitched around it by hand with two strands of embroidery thread whilst half watching an evening of television. Both meditative and satisfying.
Next to come is an experiment in pants making and something to do with pirates...